Sunday, September 20, 2009

Because brains are hot

This may be a fashion blog, but it's one that is focused on my point of view, and my advice (take it or leave it as you will).
I think brains are the hottest accessory you can leave the house with. Sure, catch their eye with your sky-high heels, but nothing is cooler than good conversation.
This is my justification for telling you all what I am reading, and more specifically, what I love that I am reading. This particular recommendation is not exactly a little know secret, but it is certainly worth reenforcing.
The Time Travelers Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger is heartbreakingly beautiful, poetic, thought provoking, and complex. It will have your mind in a philosophical whirlwind and your heart beating and clenching it's way through the pages.
Of course you have seen that it is a movie, which I have now watched after completing the book. Please don't bother with the movie. I mean, I place no fault on the actors and filmmakers, who were all great, but this story simply cannot be told on film. It is far too complex and too beautifully written. The sketched outline of a story I saw on screen was a hollow shell. Treat yourself to the book.
However, if I can offer you one tip: do not read the last fourth of the book in public. Certainly not in the Bryant Park tents in between shows at fashionweek...without waterproof mascara. Impossible.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Because brains are hot"