Thursday, December 17, 2009

Closet Commando: designer inspiration


Either we all have the same idea at once (due to being surrounded by the same inspirations around us), or we feed off each other. Regardless, I throughly enjoyed wearing my new dress to a recent VW event. The dress is Rachel Rachel Roy, an affordable diffusion line she created for Macy's. The line is quite prolific and I really like it's edgy street art inspiration. Funny that in the end I chose the dress that reminded me of a Lanvin though. As much as I love graffiti and all things inspired by graffiti, I suppose part of me just wants to walk a red carpet....with a big black zipper down my side. This dress also represents my current quest to add color and print into my very black and grey wardrobe. Of course, this does not mean you are going to see me in just any old floral. Part of what makes this quest so arduous is finding the right colors and the right print. After all, I don't want to lose my edge, just add some color and dimension.


Floral Ruched Asymetrical Dress Rachel Rachel Roy
Black Platform Heels L.A.M.B.
Pyramid Stud Wrist Cuff bought in Argentina
Sterling Silver Corset Ring my own jewelry line: Godeux


Closet Commando Photo by Michelle Bonfils

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Closet Commando: designer inspiration"