Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fortune found at Brooklyn Collective


Carrying on my report of the Brooklyn Collective show, I was immediately drawn to a table in the center of the room that was covered with items that were, well, covered in studs. I'm like a magpie when it comes to hardware. I'm a drawn to anything shiny, metal, and punky: we're talking, studs, metal exposed zippers, and chains. Apparently Melissa Fortune has a similar penchant for all things metal, because last year she started Created By Fortune, a designer line that she aptly describes as "rebel with a feminine twist" (the feminine part being on the subtle end of the spectrum, if you ask me).
Personally, I love this stuff. And if, like me, you are a fan of Thomas Wylde, you should definitely check out this collection. My favorite piece has to be the studded bowtie necklace. Making a bowtie a necklace is a unique twist on the idea of the boyfriend look, and one that includes adding chain, which is among my small list of obsessions. Add the studs, and a small skull, and you have me hooked.


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Fortune found at Brooklyn Collective"