Thursday, April 8, 2010

High Contrast


I love this look. The high contrast of black and white, and the complimentary juxtaposition of floaty feminine and hard masculine. A great look for any gal, and one that I believe to be ultimately inspired by Courtney Love. Yes, I think we are well into the thick of 90's revival (surreal, isn't it...those of you who were young adults in the 90's?)
Ever since I acquired a white chiffon dress (Jovovic-Hawk for Target, remember the one?), I have been sporting the look. Mainly because I love the romanticism of a white floaty dress, but need to give it the strength it needs to survive in the big city (otherwise that floaty white dress with be stomped on, sullied, and perhaps mugged). So once again, styling comes into play: it's all in the pairing. In this case, I have worn my dress in many variations: with a vest, with a boyfriend cardigan, a blazer, even a leather jacket.
So I took note when I saw the look heading down the runway in droves. Pictured above is Maticevski, Erin Fetherston (both fall 2010), and Narciso Rodriguez (spring 2010). Pictured below is a story for Glamour, and the legendary Patti Smith. And then, just for fun, below that I made a collage of random fashion savvy celebs who also have sported versions of the look. And one day, my pretties, I will snap a shot of myself in the aforementioned Jovovic-Hawk dress so you can see how I do it.


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

1 comments: on "High Contrast"

Michael LeGrand said...

When we gonna see the next guerrilla Stylist Hooded pic!!! Its been awhile. haha