Wednesday, May 18, 2011

'Dominate your stuff!'


The common scenario in my life: Arriving home after a long day prepping a job. My arms are laden with bags, it's raining, so I can't put them on the ground. My handbag is a bottomless pit of supplies I have needed throughout the day, and as I dig through it I can't seem to find the one thing I really need right now: my freakin' house keys. 
Well, my friend a colleague, a talented stylist, has come up with the perfect solution. She has created Leash NY. Handcrafted leather leashes to attach to your keys (or anything else you can't seem to dig out of your purse fast enough). It attaches to hardware or handles outside your purse on one end, and your keys on the other. Just tug, and the desired object is at hand. Awesome. 
What's even better is that they come in a variety of different colors. I own a beautiful white one (my current color obsession), in a very soft buttery leather adorned with tiny pyramid studs. I adore it, and it matches my white Botkier perfectly.
And what's even better than all that, is that 25% of the proceeds of a Leash NY purchase are donated to non-profit organizations supporting women's education and artisans. Currently the money is going to Afghanistan. The charity is educating women in handicrafts, so that they may have products to sell. LeashNY.com is featuring some works by these women, such as an amazing amethyst silver ring. Gorgeous. I also really love the silver and gold plated drop earrings. I have been pretty obsessed with mixed metals lately, as well as ethnic designs. This is the real deal, not just some designers ethnic inspiration.


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "'Dominate your stuff!'"