Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Swoon! Rodarte for target has me in a twist.


I would not be more excited about the latest Target designer collab due out this December. As you may know, the Guerrilla Stylist personal aesthetic tends towards the dark and edgy whilst retaining an element of femininity. This personal style has been lifelong, and at this point, quite indelible. Sure, I have tried to be more adult in my personal style, but in the end, my teenage combat boots were traded up for Fiorentini and Baker.
And now, it would seem that fashion is shining all it's love and light on all that is punky and goth, which for me means I can go ahead and wear my pyramid studs, skulls, and bovver boots in polite society. It also means I am now spoiled for choice when it comes to high end sophisticated versions of my former teenage rebellion.
Enter Rodarte: Kate and Laura Mulleavy, sisters from California design what can only be described as dark textural works of art. Gossamer layers of webs, lace, and leather to form refined and elegant edgy bad-ass looks. Am I in love? Hell yes. I am still hoping for a Rodarte sample sale, though have not had the fortune as yet to come across one.
Thankfully, on December 20th, I will be raiding my local Target store to get a taste of their work. I love the pictures that have leaked on the web (see my faves below), and can't wait to stock up. But a word of warning: Rodarte is a high end version of goth. Target is not high end, so to keep the looks sophisticated, make sure you pair pieces carefully with more luxe items, lest you unintentionally revisit your teenage years.
Photobucket
rodart2
rodart1

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Swoon! Rodarte for target has me in a twist."