Wednesday, October 21, 2009

TJ's shoetastic adventure


With the economy continuing to vibe steadily on the low-end, the word 'recessionista' has become the new 'hot'. And in the commercial styling world, I find myself frequenting the discount fashion stores more and more . So why not share with you what I see in these stores? I'll be the first to admit that the moment I walk into a bargain retailer, I am immediately overwhelmed with the need to turn around and walk right out. The flourescent lighting, the racks packed tight with clothes without any sort of arrangement by color or designer, the lack of inspiring displays all conspire against you. Then if you do decide to brave the racks, it's like trying to find a book title in an old card catalog, if said card catalog was out of alphabetical order. However, if you have the time to really dig, more often than not you can unearth something special.
Today I am here to help. I saw in TJ Maxx (on 6th Avenue and 19th street in Manhattan) a selection of fine shoe wear. The exact items pictured above (which I have laborously found pictures of on the web) were gracing the shelves this very morning. LAMB pumps were down to $150 from around $280, Jimmy Choo suede peep toes were down to $330 from $945, and the much sought after Sigerson Morrison Huarache boot was available for $500 down from $900. They had sizes 8 and 9.
There. You have the inside scoop, and don't even need a metal detector to find your buried treasure.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "TJ's shoetastic adventure"