Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Marshalls MegaShoe, Bootie crisis solved.


This winter I have been on the lookout for a good high heeled ankle boot. I had some specific requirements: soft black leather, stacked 3"+ heels, closed toe, ankle-bone height, edgy without being tacky (AKA, no gratuitous buckles or chains). I have been on the lookout for such a boot because I always default to wearing biker boots with little dresses or skinny jeans in the winter. Whereas I really love this look for its comfort and edginess (an edginess that allows me to sport the girliest of dresses), I have been wanting a more feminine and leggy version to work with.
At long last I have finally solved my Bootie Crisis. The bonus here is that I did so very economically. The irony is that in my search I looked everywhere from Barneys to Zappos, but after searching just about every shoe store in Soho, I found my perfect bootie at a Marshalls MegaShoe in Connecticut. The best part? ....drum roll please....the Dolce Vita "wanderer" leather bootie cost me only $29 (original cost was $149.95).  Yes, that is over 80% off the original price, and in the end, less than a night out in Manhattan. I am psyched.
Now, I must wax lyrical about the newly established Marshalls MegaShoe. The place was big and beautiful with a full wall of shoes from a major department store. On this wall I saw the most gorgeous pair of horn-heeled horseshoe-platformed patent Chloe boots (not my size, alas), a hot pair of L.A.M.B. stilettos, Prada boots, Galliano heels, Miu Miu pumps and much much more. I am just hoping and praying they open a store in Manhattan (or at least in a borough accessible by subway).

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Marshalls MegaShoe, Bootie crisis solved."