Monday, February 8, 2010

Closet Commando: Rodarte x Target 1930's Lingerie


I would have posted outfit pics of my Rodarte x Target pull sooner, but I had to wait nearly a full month to play with my online purchases due to out of town travels. I did my usual stylist-schtick by buying up most of the collection (well, anything with even the slightest whiff of promise) to try on at home at my leisure. I like to see what looks good on me, and which pieces most easily compliment my wardrobe, then return the rest. In the case of Rodarte, is was much harder than usual for me to edit down to a few select pieces, as their style very much speaks to my aesthetic. As we all know, Rodarte is high-end goth-wear, and I am a grown-up punky girl. It's a match made in heaven. Moreover, this collection seemed to be heavily inspired by vintage and lingerie (specifically it seemed to come from the 1930's). As a swing dancer, one of my other obsessions has always been the fashions of the 1930's and 1940's. Really, my credit card did not stand a chance with this collection, I just thank the mass-market gods for making it cheap.
Once again, you will notice my leather jacket. Honestly, I live in the thing. You will have to pry it from my cold dead hands, but in the mean time, I'm gonna wear it with everything. This pink chiffon/silky dress with delicate embroidery, lace at the shoulder, and wrap tie is a particularly feminine piece. I believe it stands out as one of the few pieces in the collection that reads as being expensive (Target designer lines usually only ever have a few such pieces). I have never been a pink-loving girly-girl, but I sure do enjoy harnessing and subverting my own girliness. So I paired the dress with the Rodarte black lace tights and a black lace bra to peek-a-boo, which tied in the overall lingerie look. The jacket does its usual job of toughening up, as well as making a decidedly indoor look a bit more appropriate in a bar. Finally, I wore my newly acquired booties in place of my normal biker boots. I am loving owning a great high heeled boot that can darken an outfit, while remaining sexy, and keeping my tootsies warm in the frigid NYC winter.

Dress: Rodarte x Target
Lace Tights: Rodarte x Target
Leather Jacket: BonaDrag
Booties: Dolce Vita
Rings: Godeux (my own jewelry line)
Necklace: Vintage


Photo of the Guerrilla Stylist by Vivien Kotler

*** Disclaimer: no, I do not have a fashion-vendetta, I would just rather remain mysterious.***

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Closet Commando: Rodarte x Target 1930's Lingerie"