Monday, March 29, 2010

Zooey Deschanel, I have a new designer for you...


Well, I will be seeing She & Him play a set this Wednesday, so maybe I'll be able to tell Zooey in person, that I have found a designer hot on the heels of Erin Fetherston. Honestly, it is a small niche market: the every so cute innocent feminine vintage feel. One that can be hard to pull off, unless you are the fabulous Zooey Deschanel. She has a way of capturing that delicate sensibility while still carrying her wry sardonic edge. Oh, would that I could be her.
So, I was at a gathering at Brooklyn Collective (deep in the heart of Redhook, which is quite a trek from Manhattan, I tell you), and I got to meet the lovely Alexandra Grecco who has launched a line of perfectly sweet pin-up attire. The sort of clothes that say 'oops! Am I being sexy? But I was just sitting on a picnic blanket in the park reading Jane Austen while enjoying this lovely lolli-pop.' The looks are flattering, sexy in an innocent way, uber-feminine, and definitely vintage. I particularly loved the shimmery bikini in a dusty rose with high waisted bottoms paired with a bandeau top. Alexandra also created a slew of accessories such as hairbands and delicate confections for the head. The designer herself modeled whimsical romper in black that nipped in at the natural waistline and rouched around a scooped bust line creating a perfect hourglass figure that would suit just about anyone.
I have a few musician friends who have found their way to the '40s look, whom I also think would benefit from acquiring pieces in this collection. But as Zooey has exemplified time and time again, you don't have to rock the head to toe Marylin Monroe or full-on girl friday vintage look everyday to pull off a few vintage pieces. These looks can be modernized with the right shoes or boots, accessories, and maybe a cardigan or a blazer.
To see more, go to www.alexandragrecco.com...that means you Ms. Deschanel!

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Zooey Deschanel, I have a new designer for you..."