Sunday, October 17, 2010

Factory Outtakes 2: 60's french activist look


When I first saw this delicate silk dress with skull print on it, I went nuts. Just when you thought skulls were played out (which I never wanted to see happen), Karen Walker worked it into a fresh feminine print. I paired it with a silk cream blouse by Bess (a line with some amazing vintage pieces). I have come to the conclusion that a cream silk blouse is an essential for any womans wardrobe. Even us edgy gals can pair them with grey or to offset a creative print.
I am also still loving socks with a fabulous pair of heels, a trend that has been going strong for a few years now. Keep them slouchy for a devil-may-care feel. The beret adds a french rebel flair, as I feel that it's fun to create a story with your accessories. I added the vintage leather utility belt as it cinches to the smallest waist, while adding a tough military feel (and this particular belt once belonged to my Parisian mother). The whole look was capped off with delicate jewelry by VeraMeat. I particularly loved the bird with fangs necklace, which unfortunately is barely visible in these shots.
If you decide to go for a look like this in the fall, I suggest adding a military parka for cold days.

Skull print dress - Karen Walker
Cream blouse - Bess
Green reptile peeptoe pumps - Casadei
Jewelry - VeraMeat
Beret- Lola
Utilitarian belt - vintage

Shot by Frey+Martin


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Factory Outtakes 2: 60's french activist look"