Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How an edgy gal styles her whites


This spring you'll be seeing head to toe white looks as they had dominated the runways last September. Many are tailored, some textural, and a lot of them are floaty. For a good time now, I have been on the hunt for a great frothy white dress, but I always knew I would not be able to pull off a head to toe angelic look. For one thing, my hair is jet black, and for another it's just not me.
However, I adore the contrast that white and creme in my wardrobe provide. So, of course, I just adored the styling of this Temperley white frothy dress for fall 2011. The thick black belt reminds me of the harness look, the sheer dot textured hosiery provides just enough darkness and interest, and finally I am all about a black boot with a feminine dress.
I have already sported a floaty off white dress with my black moto boots or my black moto jacket. I like that the Temperley look is more subtle with it's edge and manages to retain 100% femininity whilst injecting a good amount of 'bad-ass'. I will replace my biker boot with a stacked heel or wedge bootie, and replace the moto jacket with a good black belt.
Done an done.
Temperley photo from Style.com

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "How an edgy gal styles her whites"